For January's Grades 1 & 2 Book Club, we read Rise of the Earth Dragon (Dragon Masters #1) by Tracey West. Caelan and Cora were present.
Activity: Color or draw your own dragon. What is the dragon's special ability? Why?
1. Who is our main character? Describe him.
2. We are told Drake is a peasant. What is a peasant? What images come to mind when you hear the word peasant?
3. Who are the other Dragon Masters? Who are their dragons? What are their special abilities?
4. Who is Griffith?
5. Where does the soldier take Drake?
6. What told Griffith that Drake had the heart of a dragon?
7. How does Worm communicate with Drake? What does Worm show to Drake?
8. What is Rori's bad idea? What happens?
9. How does Worm save them?
10. What are some of the questions left unanswered at the end of this book?
Please rate this book from 1–10, with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best.
— 10 out of 10!
Because we loved the first book in the Dragon Masters series and need to know more, for February, we will be reading:
Saving the Sun Dragon (Dragon Masters #2) by Tracey West
"In the second book in this fully illustrated series, Drake and the other three Dragon Masters (Ana, Rori, and Bo) continue their training. But Ana's dragon, Kepri, is sick. The wizard tries to make her feel better, but his potions are not working. Drake's dragon, Worm, must use his special powers to take the Dragon Masters across the world in search of a cure. What made Kepri sick? Will the Dragon Masters be able to save her? And what dangers will they face along the way?"—Summary from Goodreads
To register, visit the circulation desk, email Ms. Colleen at email@example.com, or give us a call at (401) 423-7280.
We will be meeting in the Meeting Room on Wednesday, February 2 at 3:30 p.m.
For New Book Club Members
At each session, the kids vote on a book to read for the next month. Then, Ms. Colleen orders enough copies of that book through the Ocean State Libraries consortium. You pick up the book at the library (usually a week after the last book club). Books are never due before Book Club. Children should finish the book before coming to Book Club. Please reach out with any questions.