For June's Grades 1-2 Book Club, we read My Father's Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett. Ben, Thomas, and Ravi were present for the discussion. Also, we wrote our own short stories by imagining what other animals Elmer Elevator could have encountered on his adventure and how the interactions may go.
1. Who is the narrator?
2. Who is the main character?
3. How would you describe Elmer?
4. What does Elmer Elevator want to do?
5. How does Elmer learn about the dragon?
6. What things does Elmer pack for his trip to Wild Island?
7. What would you pack in your backpack for a trip to Wild Island?
8. What animals does Elmer meet on his trip? How does he distract them?
9. How does the story end?
10. What was your favorite part of the story?
Please rate this book from 1–5, with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best.
Average rating = 3.333333333...
For July's Book Club, we will be reading:
Stink: The Incredible Shrinking Kid by Megan McDonald
The shortest kid in the second grade, James Moody, also known as Stink, learns all about the shortest president of the United States, James Madison, when they celebrate Presidents' Day at school.
We will be meeting on Wednesday, July 7 at 3:30 PM. Book Club will be held outside under the trees on the Swinburne Street side. In the case of inclement weather, Book Club will move indoors. Participants will be notified by noon, the day of, if the location changes.
To register, visit the circulation desk or email Miss Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to stop by the library to pick up your copy!